- Financial Statement Audits – Annual audits are required for most insurance companies. Because of the difference in Statutory and GAAP accounting, it is always prudent to retain an audit firm that is very familiar with insurance accounting and standards.
- SOC Audits – An internal control audit, these audits are quickly becoming required by more and more insurance companies and insurance-related organizations. We can both help you evaluate the value of this audit to your organization and then perform this audit for you.
- Insurance Department Audit Preparation & Consultation – State insurance departments periodically examine all insurance companies licensed within their state. Because these examinations can be very demanding, insurance companies need to take this into consideration as they make accounting decisions in the periods between these examinations. We can assist you in working with your state insurance department so as to ensure that their examination goes as smoothly as possible.
- Policies and Procedures Audits – We can evaluate policies and procedures and provide feedback that focuses on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and potential threats you may be facing. Best practices will be used in our evaluation to ensure that your policies and procedures are efficient and effective.
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits and 401(k) Audits
For more information contact Karsten Hatch, CPA, Audit Partner.