Given the current legislative environment surrounding captive insurance companies, the importance of working with a quality captive manager is as strong as ever. An experienced captive manager can help to ensure that new captives are set up as a bona fide captive arrangement, and help keep existing captives updated on the ever-changing captive insurance regulations.
Below is a compilation of the top 5 captive manager qualities Larson & Company has observed while working with captive managers who manage our clients.
- Experience in managing the type of captive being formed, or currently in operation.
- Provides accurate and timely information, keeping the owner up to date on the operations of the captive.
- Responsive in communicating with parent company and business partners affiliated with the captive.
- Provides guidance and advice related to the industry and recent legislative developments.
- Maintains a strong relationship with regulatory agencies and provides timely assistance in fulfilling regulatory requirements.
For suggestions on choosing a captive manager, or for help with your audit and tax needs for a captive insurance company, contact Martha Hayes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org today.